Our Beliefs and Values
Let’s face it “beliefs” is a loaded word. Beliefs have often been paired with the word “right” and used to keep people out, beat folks up, build walls between us versus break them down.
So, we use the word beliefs carefully. With humility and not with a “my way or the highway…” “set in stone…” subtext to them. Because in many ways we see our beliefs as living and breathing and growing and changing, as we grow and change in relationship with God and each other.
The list below includes some of the beliefs that are grounding us, right now. And informing the way we work here at Launchpad Partners.
And please…if you have any questions about any of them, feel free to ask.
Our Community Covenant
We believe how we do what we do is as important as what we do. Our Community Covenant guides us in our relationships with each other, and is the way we evaluate relational health.
- Be present
- Be authentic
- Be clear about your intentions and expectations
- In service
- In silence & contemplation
- In gratitude, discernment & confession
- In prayer for each other, our city, & the world
Create Space for All
- Listen attentively
- Everyone has permission to speak-up
- Be aware of missing voices & invite them to speak
- Hold space for “speaking to think” together
- Believe the best
- Keep short accounts, embrace forgiveness
- Speak your truth with love
- Love beyond agreement
Respect Each Other
- Do what you say you’ll do, and if you can’t, communicate that clearly and generously
- Share decision-making power
- Allow everyone to process at their own pace
- Take responsibility for the impact of your words and actions
We strengthen the health of the community through shared leadership and dependence on God.
Adapted from Highlands Church Denver with permission.
Ephesians 4:11-16, Ephesians 4:25-5:2, Romans 12:9-12, Romans 13:8-10, Luke 5:15-16, Philippians 2:1-11