Organization: Sacred Place United Church of Christ
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hours: 10 hours per week
Position Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
About Sacred Place:
Sacred Place United Church is a progressive and inclusive Christian community dedicated to nurturing the spiritual growth of children and youth. As a people dedicated to justice inclusion, and family, we are committed to fostering an open and welcoming environment where young people can explore their faith, develop strong values, and engage with social justice issues. We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Family Ministry Coordinator to join our team and lead and develop our vibrant children and youth programs.
The Family Ministry Coordinator is responsible for the development, coordination, and execution of programs that support the spiritual growth, education, and social engagement of children and youth within our congregation. This role involves working closely with our pastor, parents, and church leadership to create a nurturing and inclusive environment where young people can thrive.
- Program Development: Develop and oversee age-appropriate programs for children and youth, including Sunday School, youth groups, and special events that align with the values and mission of the church.
- Spiritual Formation: Facilitate and encourage the spiritual growth of children and youth through engaging lessons, discussions, and activities that promote a progressive and inclusive interpretation of Christian faith.
- Volunteer Coordination: Recruit, train, and support volunteers to assist with children and youth programs, ensuring the safety and well-being of all participants.
- Community Engagement: Foster a sense of belonging and community among children, youth, and their families within the church, as well as outreach efforts in the broader community.
- Social Justice: Integrate social justice themes into youth programs and encourage young people to engage in meaningful service and advocacy projects.
- Communication: Maintain clear and effective communication with parents, guardians, church leadership, and volunteers regarding upcoming events, program updates, and important information.
- Budget Management: Assist in budget planning and manage allocated funds for children and youth programs.
- Coursework in theology, education, child development, or a related field preferred.
- Experience working with children and youth in a church or educational setting.
- Strong knowledge of progressive Christian theology and a commitment to inclusive and diverse values.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and church staff.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Passion for social justice and a desire to incorporate these principles into youth programming.
This is a part-time position with a commitment of 10 hours per week. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
Sacred Place United Church provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications for this position. It is not an exhaustive list of duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed by the church leadership.