Organization: City Church San Francisco is a congregation of the Reformed Church of America (RCA) whose mission is to follow Christ to renew the city. As a church, we aspire to be: Jesus-centered, grace saturated, kingdom-oriented, biblically grounded, intellectually curious, ever-reforming, and communally designed. We welcome everyone into the life and mission of our church, regardless of their race, ethnicity, age, physical or mental capacity, education, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or socioeconomic or marital status.
Our congregation currently has around 45 students in the 6th through 12th grades.
Mission: The Director of Youth Ministry at City Church San Francisco will build a community that invites 6th-12th grade students into the way of life together with Jesus in an urban, progressive, biblically-rooted church.
Outcomes: As Director of Youth Ministry at City Church San Francisco:
- You will lead youth in Christian spiritual formation and development by providing Jesus-centered spiritual direction and modeling a life rooted in spiritual practices
- You will cultivate a welcoming, engaging place for all youth to belong, regardless of their circumstances, identity, belief, or non-belief
- You will provide the youth of City Church with a wise and compassionate voice they can reach out to for care and guidance one-on-one
- You will oversee a sustainable ministry that is integrated with the larger mission of City Church, and will inspire families, congregation, and staff to engage with youth as full members of our church body
- You will identity, recruit, train and encourage volunteer leaders
- You will work with the Children’s Ministry Director to craft spiritual pathways for children from birth through age 18
- You will occasionally lead the City Church congregation in Sunday liturgy, preaching and teaching
- Professing and practicing Christian with theological compatibility to City Church’s progressive and Reformed identity.
- Prior experience overseeing ministry among youth and families
- Urban exposure: you are familiar and comfortable with the reality of life in a large urban center, especially as experienced by youth
- A graduate degree in theology with the ability to be ordained in a recognized denomination is preferred but not required
- You value inclusion of all persons into the life and ministry of the church regardless of race, ethnicity, physical or mental capacity, education, sexual orientation or gender identity
- You are comfortable carrying administrative and planning tasks and managing a ministry budget – limited shared/part-time administrative support will be available for this role
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time role with work taking place on days and times when youth and parents are free to meet. The salary is negotiable depending on skill level and experience. Health and 403b benefits are available to all full-time employees at City Church.
Please send your resume or CV with a cover letter explaining your interest in this role at City Church to email@example.com and reference “Launchpad Job Board” in your email.