Invitation: We are seeking an integral member of our community who resonates with Last City Church’s inclusive vision and commitment to love and serve our neighbors. Our ideal Worship Coordinator will join us on the journey to manifest the tremendous work that God is doing in and through our small but mighty congregation.
Objective: Help create an engaging and formative worship space for the Last City congregation.
Leads: Sunday morning music ministry
Accountable to: Lead Pastor
Time and Rate of Pay: Approximately 5 hours per week/$125 per week/Paid bi-monthly
- Maximum of 40 weeks per year (3-4 Sundays per month)
- Approximately 2 hours of prep, and 3 hours on Sunday, with occasional meeting and coordination with the lead pastor.
- While the church meets virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic, worship will be led remotely.
- When church returns to in-person services, the worship coordinator will be a key member of the set up and tear down team.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor to plan meaningful weekly worship services
- Communicate with and involve volunteers as appropriate
- New life in Christ
- Leadership Skills: Finds joy in leading through service. Cares about the Last City mission, vision and values. Compelled to lean into our congregational identity.
- Strong Communicator: Clear, consistent, timely communication necessary to accomplish ministry objectives. Proficient in necessary practical, social, and organizational skills.
- Technical Prowess: Musically proficient. Capable of organizing and leading music, musicians and sound system setup. Able to navigate Planning Center online software and maintain the database of songs in an organized fashion.
- Commitment to Team Dynamics: Works to support group objectives, as well as others in their personal and spiritual growth. Has a consistent and enduring commitment to being in unity and harmony with all those in the Body. Pursues whole relationships among staff, leadership, and volunteers. Keeps integrity, displays grace and holds self and others accountable.
Interested candidates, please submit a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.